Handicap Accessible Bathrooms
Affordable Baths, Inc. is the areas only full service Handicap Accessible bathroom installation company in New England that has a licensed clinician on staff. Our Licensed clinician is a physical therapist with 11 years experience in the field of rehabilitation treating patients with a multitude of diagnoses including:
Amputations, Arthritis, Brain Injury, Dementia, Multiple Sclerosis, Multi Trauma, Parkinson’s Disease, Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke
We understand that everyone’s needs are unique and should not be treated as a one size fits all. Our licensed clinician will meet with you one on one and learn about your specific needs to create and design your perfect living environment.
(The extent of the evaluation will depend on the client’s comfort level)
(All information will be confidential recognizing HIPPA regulations)
- Medical and surgical history – used to understand current and potential disability.
- Support Systems – family and community supports
- Living Plan – length of time in which they plan to occupy current domicile
- Current and Future habitants – family or caregivers
- Pain perception (chronic vs. acute)
- Skin Integrity
- Joint Stability and Range of Motion
- Proprioception (Limb positional awareness)
- Strength (trunk, upper and lower extremities)
- Balance (sitting and standing)
Client will be asked to perform activities in the existing environment under the supervision of the physical therapist.
Measurements and Photographs will be taken for reference in order to make appropriate modification recommendations.
A client specific plan will be designed in accordance with the findings of the evaluation, environment specifications and the goals of the client.